Triple Berry Shortcake
- Prep 15m
- Cook 3-4m
- Ready in 18-19m
- 6 servings
- Stem and quarter strawberries
- Add 2-3 Tbs. sugar
- Mix and put in refrigerator for about ½ hour until juice develops.
- Whip cream with 2-3 Tbs. sugar to taste and 1 tsp. vanilla
- Split English Muffins and lightly butter. Place on baking sheet and broil on middles rack of oven until just warm
- Spoon strawberries mixture over muffin halves. Add a dollop of cream, blueberries, and raspberries and place muffin halves on top of fruit
- Drizzle with juice from strawberries top with cream.
- Garnish with fresh mint or grated lemon zest.
Cranberry Citrus Mini Apple Streusel English Muffins
- Prep 20-25m
- Cook 40m
- Ready in 1h
- 12 servings
- 6 Mini Cranberry Citrus English muffins
- ½ cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tbs. sugar (muffin base)
- ¼ tsp. vanilla
- 1 tsp. cinnamon (muffin base)
- 2 cups granny smith apples (about 2 medium apples) peeled, cored and chopped in ½” chunks
- 4 Tbs. sugar (filling)
- 1½ Tbs. flour
- ½ tsp. cinnamon (filling)
- 1Tbs. lemon juice
- ½ cup flour
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- ¼ cup cold butter
- Whisk milk, eggs, sugar, vanilla and cinnamon together, pour into shallow pan and place 6 split Cranberry Citrus Mini Muffins in batter rotating occasionally. Soak for ½ hour.
- Butter a standard muffin tin (2”base)
- Mix apples, sugar, flour, cinnamon and lemon juice in bowl and set aside.
- Place all dry ingredients in bowl with a rounded base and cut in the butter with a pastry cutter until like small peas.
- Press soaked muffins outside down in muffin tin base. Top with a small scoop of apple filling about 1/8 cup and press down slightly. Top with streusel mixture and press slightly into apple filling.
- Bake 350* for 40 minutes. Let sit for about 10 minutes in pan and run knife around edges to remove from pan.
- Serving Suggestion: Top with ice cream or sweetened whip cream